The course is based on the job required to be performed by a Dental Hygienist at different health institutions in the country. The Certificate in Dental Science (Dental Hygiene) program extends over three academic years. The first year focuses on core subjects, the second year focuses on the subjects of dental Science and public health, and the third year focuses on the application of acquired knowledge and skills through comprehensive practices in hospital, and in community settings. The graduates are eligible for registration as Dental Hygienist (Grade-B) in the Health Professional Council of Nepal. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of “must know and must do” principle.
- To prepare technically competent middle level human resource who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect to the profession and to the socio-cultural values.
- To develop the attitude to educate and motivate the patients and community to practice plaque control measures to maintain oral Science
- To acquire the skill to perform diagnosis & dental scaling of common periodontal disease
- To use periodontal instruments for basic periodontal therapy and maintenance of the same
- Social Studies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Application
- Dental Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Materials, Instruments and Assisting
- Basic Periodontology I
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Health Education
- Epidemiology & community diagnosis
- Environmental Health
- Basic Medical Procedures / First Aid
- Basic Periodontology II
- Food and Nutrition
- Dental Pharmacology
- Health Management
- Dental Radiography and Photography
- Dental Public Health and Jurisprudence
Comprehensive Professional Field Practice
- SLC with minimum of C grade in English, Science and Mathematics.
- Student quota for different category of students as per the policy of CTEVT.
- The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to non-gazette 1st class (technical) as Dental Hygienist or as prescribed designation by the Public Service Commission / Nepal Health Professional Council.
- The graduate is eligible for registration with the Nepal Health Professional Council in the grade as mentioned in the Nepal Health Professional Council Act.
- The graduates will be eligible for Bachalor level education in related field.