About The Program
Kantipur Dental College Teaching Hospital and Research Centre have been conducting the diploma in Pharmacy Program from 2012 (2069 BS) with the philosophy of development and growth of pharmacy as a profession. The approach is based on the preventive, curative, promotive and rehabilitative aspect of drug use in health care. An internship in hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy and Industrial Pharmacy with pass marks is required for the graduation. Kantipur Dental College, Department of Pharmacy educates its students to achieve the following objectives:
- To prepare a professional diploma in Pharmacy assistant with a positive attitude towards profession and ambiance.
- To develop skill and knowledge in pharmacy manpower to manage the rational supply of Pharmaceuticals and to promote rational use of medicine within the health care system or at private Pharmacies.
- To provide qualified supportive technical manpower to fulfill the needs of drug manufacturing, quality control, and drug control.
- To prepare professionals for providing quality dispensing and health service to people in the hospital and community settings.
- To establish interprofessional collaboration with other health professionals for the quality health care system.
- To develop pharmaceuticals human resources in order to assist in the production and quality assurance of the pharmaceutical industry.
With the quality of education integrated with theoretical and practical approaches linking with the code of conduct of Nepal Pharmacy Council, Kantipur Dental College, and Department of Pharmacy is in the continuous pathway of preparing professionally competent assistant pharmacist. Our program has been successful in providing students with a variety of career options.
- Experienced faculty members representing a wide variety of disciplinary within Pharmaceutical science.
- Constant evaluation & monitoring of student’s progress, through regular tests and exams.
- Constant interaction with parents and personalized guidance.
- Well-equipped science laboratories, library and computer lab.
- Offers strong learning environment that nurtures and enhances the personality of our students.
- Collaboration with multiple hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy and pharmaceutical industry helping the student for job placement after completing the study.
- Social Studies
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Math, Statistics and Computer Application
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics I
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Health Education, Health Care System
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry II
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
- Social Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Community Pharmacy and First Aid
- Comprehensive Professional Field Practice
Phone Number: 01-4366242/4358586
- Nepalese students who have passed their SLC with a minimum of 45% average marks in English, Mathematics, and Science are eligible to apply for admission.
- Nepalese students who have passed their SEE with the minimum of cGPA ‘C’ and obtained minimum ‘C’ in English, Mathematics, and Science are eligible to apply for admission.
- There is an Entrance examination conducted by CTEVT. The student should not only pass the examination but also should obtain sufficient marks to be in the merit list for further admission procedure.
The students are required to obtain a minimum of 90% attendance in order to sit for the final examination conducted by CTEVT. Besides that, the students must pass separately the internal in the internal assessments and terminal examinations conducted by faculty twice every year (40% in theory and 60% in practical) in order to be qualified for the final examination.
Internal evaluation carries 20% and 40% of the total theory and practical marks respectively in every subject. The final exam will the on the basis if within practical and viva conducted by CTEVT. The students are requested to pass them separately.
- In the total of 40 seats, there are 3 seats for the scholarship. Students who want to get scholarship should attend scholarship examination conducted by CTEVT instead of entrance examination of CTEVT.
- Similarly, the student who gets the highest marks in CTEVT Entrance examination among the list of applicants of KDC is also awarded scholarship for the first year. For the scholarship in the second and third year, the topper of Board examination conducted by CTEVT will be awarded.
Shambhu Prasad Joshi,
Diploma in Pharmacy,
Kantipur Dental College
Two consecutive year topper (Academic 2nd and 3rd year) To me KDC proved to be the pillar of the bridge to professional and personal growth and success. I believe that along with the development of proficient skills, exposure and knowledge about dental hygiene, My 3 years in this institute was also an amazing contribution for the education and establishment of team and leadership skills, Proactive analytical thinking and ethical practice.
Pursuing knowledge and learning pharmacy skills is not a cup of cake to achieve. It takes a lot of endurance and continual arduous efforts with the proper caring environment which I perceived it here at KDC, with a highly effective administration and a team of experienced teachers who are at all times ready to inspire the students and help them learn. KDC has been successful to position itself as the preeminent pharmacy college within a very short phase of its establishment. I really found it as the right place or a learner who aspires to achieve a good academic background for pharmacy education in both practical and theoretical knowledge as well. I am glad to be part of KDC.
I'm very glad to inform that KDC, DPH program has highly effective administration who were always ready to galvanize the students. A myriad of interactions is flowered adequately among all the crucial members of this administration. It is very salient to have better discipline among all the students. Teaching and learning environment is very proper and effectively controlled in KDC. I am glad to be a part of DPH.
When I look back upon my collage days in Kantipur Dental collage. I feel privileged that I made one of the best decisions to study in KDC. It has led my future to the right path. Along with sufficient and effective clinical and community exposure and with the help of supportive and qualified teachers,I was able to learn as well as clear my doubts. I will always cherish the amazing time in KDC. After completing my Certificate level in CDS from KDCH and PRC ( Pre- Requisite Course). I prepared for BDS. I am now studying Bachelor in Dental surgery at Gandaki Medical College. Those who are aspiring to study dental hygiene, I wish them all the very best