Kantipur Dental College Teaching Hospital and Research Centre (KDCH) has launched three years Diploma in Pharmacy Program in 2012 (2069 B.S.). The course aims to competent-pharmacy professionals with sound academic knowledge equipped with technical skills.
- To prepare technically competent assistant pharmacist with positive attitude towards profession and ambience.
- To develop skill and knowledge in pharmacy manpower for the promotion of rational use of medicine within the health care system.
- To provide qualified supportive technical manpower to fulfill the needs of drug manufacturing, quality control and research.
- To prepare professionals for providing quality health service in hospital and community settings.
- To establish inter- professional collaboration with other health professionals for quality health care system.
- To develop pharmaceuticals human resources in order to assist in the production and quality assurance of pharmaceuticals.
- Social Studies
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Math, Statistics and Computer Application
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics I
- General Chemistry II
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Health Education, Health Care System
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
- Social Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Community Pharmacy and First Aid
- Comprehensive Professional Field Practice
Nepalese students who have passed their SLC or equivalent examinations from Nepal with a minimum of 45% average marks in English, Mathematics and Science are eligible to apply for admission.
The students are required to obtain a minimum of 90% attendance in order to sit for the final examination conducted by CTEVT. Beside that the students must pass separately the internal in the internal assessments and terminal examinations conducted by faculty twice every year (40% in theory and 60% in practical) in order to be qualified for the final examination.
Internal evaluation carries 20% and 40% of the total theory and practical marks respectively in every subject. Final exam will the on the basis if within practical and viva conducted by CTEVT. The students are requested to pass them separately.