RULES for STUDENTS
RULES for STUDENTS
- KDCH students must obey all the rules and regulation and maintain strict discipline in the college, hospital and other related hospital and community centre.
- Student must attend all lecture classes / clinics regularly wearing KDCH uniform and must respect teachers and staffs of KDCH.
- Student must behave politely with the faculty members, doctors, dental hygienist, dental assistant, technical staffs, administrative and ancillary staffs, colleagues, patients, patient’s relatives and others attending KDCH and the local / general public at large. Complaints received against any student will be dealt sternly by the college authority and disciplinary action will be taken against such student.
- Student will not be promoted to the 5th semester of the BDS program without passing all the examinations of 1st and 2nd year BDS. The student will be detained from the BDS program if the student fails to clear all examination of 1st and 2nd BDS in maximum 4 years time. Likewise, no student will be promoted to the 9th semester, without passing all the examination of 3rd and 4th year.
- KDCH has fixed student fee structure for the BDS program for the academic session; which must be paid at the time of enrollment and during the subsequent years. No students’ name will be registered in the attendance record without the payment of designated amount of fee prescribed by the college at the time of admission. Remaining payment of fees during the subsequent years must be paid on the date notified by KDCH, failing of which the enrollment of such student into respective years will be prevented.
- Students must pay existing education tax separated by them as a government rule, which may be subject to change as per government policy.
- Hostel fee, food and personal expenses will have to be borne by individual student separately and are not included in the fee structure paid to the college.
- Dental instruments charges are not included in the fee structure paid to the college.
- Students must bring Dental Instruments and Typhodent set themselves for practical subject and clinical posting till first to final year of BDS.
- Extra Expenditure during community field practice placement must be paid by individual student; KDCH will not be held responsible for the expenditure incurred for meeting, travel, food and lodging of students during such programs.
- Students are strictly prohibited from being involved in political activities of any kind and are barred from getting involved directly or indirectly in the party politics. Formation of student union or association in the KDCH is prohibited. Direct or indirect involvement and participation of students in activities like hunger strike, gheraou, lock up class rooms/administration/account office, confinement to KDCH faculty, KDCH staff, patients, patient's relative or guardian, KDCH’s well wishers or disturbing teaching-learning activities, provocation of unrest in association with any outsider, gangster, other personal or organization outside KDCH in this regards is strictly forbidden. Anyone found guilty of such activities will be penalized and will be expelled from the academic program of KDCH without any prior warning.
- Student should not cause damage to KDCH property and if the damage is caused accidently or unknowingly one must report to the college administration immediately.
- Any form of ragging is strictly prohibited in this institution which includes abusing, harassing, illtreating, manhandling, bullying or awarding undignified or unauthorized punishment to a student by any other student. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against any student indulging in ragging and he/she may be expelled from college.
- Students are strictly prohibited from smoking and consumption of liquor of any kind in college premises, hostel and in public place.